系别： 第 代表队（共 个代表队）
1. overdraft 2. securities
3. appreciation 4. endorser
5. remittance 6. beneficiary
7. dishonor 8. documentary collection
9. irrevocable 10. time deposit
11. savings deposit 12. principal
13. premium 14. down payment
15. negotiating bank 16. credit standing
17. bank statement 18. endorsement
19. insolvency 20. drawee
21. account receivable 22. cheque
23. collateral 24. auto loan
25. working capital 26. installment
27. bills of exchange 28. securities market
29. bankruptcy 30. drawer
31. account payable 32. individual investor
33. foreign exchange 34. maturity date
35. bull market 36. Treasury bond
37. letter of credit 38. capital market
39. secondary market 40. monetary policy
41. open market operations 42. negotiable certificate of deposit
43. repurchase agreement 44. consumer loan
45. balance sheet 46. credit card
47. financial statement 48. preferred stock
49. preemptive right 50. fiscal policy
1. 余额 2. 现金流量表
3. 追索 4. 投保人
5. 未结清的 6. 现金支票
7. 电汇 8. 证券交易所
9. 存折 10. 到期日
11. 房地产 12. 贴现
13. 上市公司 14. 财产保险
15. 佣金 16. 一级市场
17. 浮动利率 18. 利息
19. 保险单 20. 商业票据
21. 信用证 22. 电子商务
23. 债券 24. 金融危机
25. 国库券 26. 货币市场
27. 人寿保险 28. 经纪人
29. 国际收支 30. 复利
31. 收入表 32. 市场利率
33. 普通股 34. 托收
35. 交易商 36. 出口信贷
37. 不动产 38. 抵押贷款
39. 远期信用证 40. 承兑人
41. 申请人 42. 备用信用证
43. 银团贷款 44. 收入
45. 权责发生制 46. 收付实现制
47. 固定资产 48. 流动负债
49. 未分配利润 50. 会计等式
payable face favor credit insured mortgage cash acceptance maturity bond correspondent outstanding
1. We’ll charge you 0.1% collection fee on value.
2. I’d like to talk to you about a loan for a house from your bank.
3. You can first enjoy the convenience which card brings about to you.
4. It’s at the Bank of China, Shenyang branch, isn’t, sir?
5. After the said license is approved, we shall establish a L/C in your .
6. When the comes in one year, would you like to continue to deposit?
7. Sorry, I can’t your check, for this check is drawn on another bank.
8. In short, by , the holder of a bill gets a guarantee to be paid in the future.
9. Issuing is a key channel for companies to finance some large-scale project.
10. The beneficiary and the could be different persons.
11. Our bank has relations with the Indian Central Bank.
12. The cardholder is billed for any balance.
application balance settlement notes safe slip
statement credits branches withdrawals L/C assets
1. Please fill in this form and sign your name.
2. Electronic is a method of electronically paying for purchases on the internet.
3. We have to check the of your account first.
4. Do you own other property, any stocks or bonds, or other major ?
5. Executives of the company are inexperienced in the business and extreme caution is advised in granting .
6. Basically, on-line system means that the computers in all our are connected to our central computer system.
7. Deposits and are posted to your account immediately.
8. Do you mind if I give you some small ?
9. We must ask you to open a/an strictly in conformity with the original terms of the sales contract.
10. deposit box renter signs rental agreement after approval from the bank and he must show his ID.
11. The monthly can give you a record of all the transactions of your checking account.
12. Here’s a deposit , please fill it out, and sign where it says “signature”.
campaign plunge merchandise notch reinvigorate budget
spread mass-market crunch profile earnings indicator
1. They can also add any special projects or needs to their at any time.
2. Interest rate is the interest rate charged by banks on loans to private sector customers minus the interest rate paid by commercial or similar banks for demand, time, or savings deposits.
3. American exporters do not have to worry about currency mismatch because both their domestic costs and their export are in dollars.
4. But with prices so low, the Chinese is eating away at their market share.
5. The strong growth suggests that giving up revenue from subscribers in the hope of getting more from ads could indeed the company over time.
6. It is a financial used widely as a measure of efficiency and profitability.
7. While companies track every data point of an advertising , they often ignore the return on investment on their training dollars.
8. Find items in your on which you can cut back, no matter how small they are.
9. Some securities are considered so safe that they carried top- ratings from the credit ratings agencies.
10._______ products are designed and produced for selling to large numbers of people.
11. When the credit hit a year ago, the pessimists predicted a global recession.
12. Those efforts appear to have had the intended effect of braking the housing markets .
1. Normally, banks will set similar credit lines to different group of cardholders.
2. An exchange memo is a kind of confirmation note a bank gives to a customer, when he or she exchanges money.
3. A crossed cheque can not be cashed directly.
4. Clean collection means the collection of commercial documents not accompanied by financial documents.
5. The checking account is much more convenient although it offer no interest.
6. A letter of credit mainly includes the following parties: applicant, beneficiary, issuing bank and negotiating bank.
7. Both the banks and the importer act as the first payer and this is the most important feature of L/C.
8. The cost of auto insurance depends on the experience of the driver, the value of the car and the coverage you want.
9. D/A involves less risks than D/P.
10. A time deposit cannot be withdrawn before maturity date in any cases.
11. An irrevocable L/C means that it cannot be canceled without the agreement of all the related parties.
12. Generally, overdraft is not allowed for savings account.
13. Commercial loans are granted to consumers.
14. The discount rate depends on the terms of the bill, the amount, the reputation of the drawee and the reputation of the drawer.
15. In the case of a time draft, an acceptance is a promise made by the drawer to pay in the future.
16. Corporate bond is a certificate representing partial ownership of a listed company.
17. If you believe the market will fall down, you can sell out your shares and then buy back at a lower price. The price difference is your profit.
18. The policyholder and the insured could be different persons.
19. A current account is one that the owner is entitled to write checks and make withdrawals from the account at anytime.
20. The younger the age when a person takes out a life insurance policy, the higher the rate of premium will be.
21. The interest rate of the checking account is usually slightly higher than that of the savings account.
22. In collection, the principal is usually the importer.
23. A crossed cheque must be paid into a bank account.
24. A credit card is a plastic card to be used upon presentation by the cardholder to obtain cash, goods or services.
25. The foreign exchange market, which is an intangible market, refers to the trading network where banks, financial institutions engage in foreign exchange transactions.
26. Generally, overdraft is not allowed for a debit card.
27. A holder may endorse an undue note and deliver it to the bank in exchange for cash whenever he needs it. This procedure is called remitting.
28. Stockholders are creditors of the issuing company.
29. The policyholder is always the insured.
30. A documentary credit is issued in favor of the seller.
31. The interest rate of the checking account is usually slightly lower than that of the savings account.
32. A crossed cheque can both be paid into a bank account and be cashed over the counter.
33. As a foreign exchange control country, foreign currency is negotiable in our country.
34. A bank card is a plastic card to be used upon presentation by the cardholder to obtain cash, goods or services.
35. In collection, the principal is usually the exporter.
36. It is safer to bring travelers checks than cash but it is inconvenient because it must be cashed at banks.
37. The foreign exchange market, which is an intangible market, refers to the trading network where banks, financial institutions engage in foreign exchange transactions.
38. A check cannot been endorsed.
40. Some insurance policies are compulsory.
41. In the case of a time draft, an acceptance is a promise made by the drawee to pay in the future.
42. The insurers are responsible for the claim as far as it is within the scope of coverage.
43. Generally speaking, an exporter prefers D/A than D/P.
44. A letter of credit is issued by a bank at the request of an exporter in favor of the importer.
45. Usually anyone who has an ID can obtain a credit card from a bank.
46. Cash in advance, open account, collection and documentary credit are the usual methods of payment to settle international trade transactions.
47. A stock is an ownership share in a business entity.
48. Standard international rule governing the role and responsibilities of banks in collections is UCP 600.
49. An irrevocable confirmed documentary credit gives the beneficiary a double assurance of payment.
50. In China, the stock exchange is now in general a non-profit-making legal entity with a membership system.
51. A charter party B/L is not negotiable.
52. Reinsurance allows an insurance company to offer smaller limits of protection to
policyholder than its own capital would allow.
53. The foreign exchange market, which is an intangible market, refers to the trading network where banks, financial institutions engage in foreign exchange transactions.
54. A budget is a financial plan, which is based on past activity and is used to control that activity.
55. It is unnecessary to carry out the collection order in the case of non-payment.
56. There is one acceptor in a promissory note.
57. Another name of income statement is profit and loss statement.
58. “On demand” Bonds are conditional bonds.
59. If a bill is payable “ at 60 days sight ”, the date of payment is decided according to the date of draft.
60. When a dealer has a short position we can say that it has purchased more of an asset than it has sold.
1. Those who believe the price will go down are called _______.
A. bull B. bear
C. banker D. broker
2. A credit can be transferred by _________.
A. the first beneficiary B. the second beneficiary
C. the third beneficiary D. any person
3. The person paying the money is ________ of a cheque.
A. the payee B. the drawee
C. the endorser D. the endorsee
4. ______ loans are often used to satisfy working capital needs.
A. medium-term B. long-term
C. consumer D. short-term
5. The _________has been described as: a ratio of the monetary units of one country’s currency divided by the number of economically equivalent monetary units of another country.
A. exchange rate B. interest rate
C. yield rate D. rate of inflation
6. Usually, the drawer and ________ of a bill are the same person.
A. the payee B. the payer
C. the drawee D. the holder
7. _________ is the bank to which the principal has entrusting the collection.
A. the presenting bank B. the collecting bank
C. the remitting bank D. both A and B
8. A _______ carries little risk and can be discounted at the finest rate of interest.
A. tenor bill B. sight bill
C. trader’s acceptance D. banker’s acceptance
9. International payments and other messages are often sent through an international computer network called _______.
A. CHAPS B. SWIFT
C. CHIPS D. CHATS
10. Eurodollar is a dollar deposited with a bank _______.
A. in the United States B. in New York Clearing House
C. outside the United States D. outside Europe
11. A time draft will become a banker’s acceptance and may be negotiated when it is _______.
A. sent to the collecting bank B. issued by the issuing bank
C. received by the paying bank D. accepted by the bank
12. Credit card customers _______.
A. are given a credit limit on the credit card account and can buy goods and services up to this amount
B. are not given a credit limit on the credit card account and can buy goods and services up to this amount
C. are given a credit limit on the credit card account and can not buy goods and services up to this amount
D. are not given a credit limit on the credit card account and can not buy goods and services up to this amount
13. The accounting equation shows the relationship _______.
A. between assets and liabilities
B. between assets and owner’s equity
C. among liabilities, owner’s equity and assets
D. among creditors, investors and owners
14. You should first _______ the application form and then we’ll issue you a bankbook.
A. fill up B. fall up
C. fill out D. fall out
15. _______ are the most important documents in international settlement.
A. Commercial invoice, bill of lading and insurance documents
B. Commercial invoice, insurance documents and airway bills
C. Bill of lading, airway bills and a bill of exchange
D. Sight drafts, delivery order and bill of lading
16. The balance sheet is divided into three parts: _______.
A. assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity
B. Cash, deposits, and other assets
C. CDs, stocks, and equity
D. owner’s equity, cash, and deposits
17. Exporters are usually _______ to accept payment by D/A, because the importer can get hold of the shipments simply by accepting the document.
A. ready B. pleasant
C. reluctant D. meant
18. A set of the documents will offer the drawee a title to the goods provided that the drawee has made_____.
A. the payment or acceptance against draft
B. a measure of controlling his goods
C. the documents on a collection basis
D. the integrity of his overseas customer
19. ______ is a method by which a risk in one direction can be offset by a risk in another direction which tends to compensate and cancel out the risk.
A. swap B. hedging
C. arbitrage D. speculating
20. If it is not stated as D/A or D/P, the documents can be released _________.
A. against acceptance B. against payment
C. in either way D. against acceptance pour aval
21. Those who believe the price will go up are called _______.
A. bull B. bear
C. banker D. broker
22. _______ is the date on which the money must be paid to the parties involved in spot transaction.
A. The working day B. The value date
C. The future date D. The business day
23. The business of any insurance company is to pay _______ to the insured in the case of a loss in return for the payment of premiums.
A. funds B. principals
C. interests D. claims
24. The other main source of revenue for a bank is fee income, or called ______ income.
A. interest B. commission
C. service D. net
25. Which of the following is not one of the functions of money?
A. Medium of exchange B. Store of value
C. Financial assets D. Standard for payment
26. The most common method for shifting risk is _______.
A. insurance B. bond
C. stock D. hedging
27. Bondholders .
A. hold ownership interest in a firm
B. are creditors of a firm
C. are very likely to make a great deal of money
D. are paid after stockholders
28. Under a Red Clause documentary credit, the bank releases its facilities at request
A. beneficiary B. importer
C. issuing bank D. presenting bank
29. ______ is a method by which a risk in one direction can be offset by a risk in another direction which tends to compensate and cancel out the risk.
A. swap B. hedging
C. arbitrage D. speculating
30. Under , net income does not necessarily reflect cash receipts and cash payments for a particular time period, it generally provides the most accurate measure of earning, earning power, managerial performance, future cash flows etc.
A. cash basis accounting B. accrual accounting
C. managerial accounting D. gross margin
31. A check payable to Johnson is endorsed by him “pay Parry Smith only”. What type of endorsement is this?
A. Blank B. General
C. Restrictive D. Special
32. Which of the following statements is false?______.
A. To increase cash, debit the account
B. To increase revenue, credit the account
C. To decrease a receivable, debit the account
D. To increase a receivable, debit the account
33. Break–even point is such a point of sales at which _____.
A. the point is even broken
B. the amount of sales revenue equals the cost
C. the number of units sold equals the number of units bought
D. the amount of sales revenue is not equal to the cost
34. From a Chinese bank’s point of view, the currency account which it maintains abroad is known as ________.
A. vostro account B. a nostro account
C. a current account D. a deposit account
35. _______are assets that are expected to be converted to cash, sold, or consumed during the next 12 months or within the business’s normal operating cycle if longer than a year.
A. Long-term assets B. Long-term liabilities
C. Current liabilities D. Current assets
36. We’re paying for the furniture we bought in monthly __________.
A. installments B. budgets
C. credit bureau D. credit
37. The payee signs the check on the back. The signature is called ________.
A. a crossing B. an endorsement
C. an acceptance D. transfer
38. Under a transferable letter of credit, ________is known as the second beneficiary.
A. the original supplier B. the ultimate buyer
C. the middleman D. the guarantor
1. How would you like your money? A. 请顾客清点钞票。
2. Please check it! B. 与客户核对信息。
3. Would you mind repeating your question, please? C. 与客户道别。
4. Do you mean that…? D. 请对方重复所问问题。
5. You are welcome at any time. E. 咨询顾客需要何种面值货币
1. What does “XXX” mean? A. 业务咨询用语。
2. Do you think you could possibly…? B. 欢迎用语。
3. How are you? Welcome to our bank. C. 指示用语。
4. Please go to counter No.7. D. 与顾客商议的建议句型。
1. Please fill out this form in capitals. A. 没收假钞
2. According to the relevant regulations, B. 指导客户填单
forged notes are to be confiscated.
3. Madam, are you being attended to? C. 接待投诉
4. Good morning. I’m the service manager. D. 提供服务用语
Would you please have a talk with me about it?
1. Please fill in this application form. A. 与客户核对信息
2. Do you mean that…? B. 指导客户填单
3. We have to charge you a commission. C. 业务费用介绍
4. We have checking account and savings account. D. 业务介绍
1. This way, please. A. 指示用语
2. Good afternoon. I’m the service manager. B. 欢迎用语
Please have a seat and tell me what happened.
3. How do you do? Sir, is there anything I can do C. 接待投诉
4. Guess what? Tom said he won the $500,000 lottery! D. 表示质疑怀
5. This conversation is over. E. 表达不高兴
6. I mean it./I’m serious F. 强调自己观点
7. You must be kidding/joking! G. 表示赞同
8. You bet! H. 引起别人注意
Note: A: customer; B: bank clerk1; C: bank clerk2
A: Good morning. I really need your help.
A: Our plant is short of funds in foreign exchange. Could you supply a foreign currency loan to us?
B: According to the regulations, we must first make an investigation of your credit standing.
A: You are right. Here are some information and documents and a detailed report about our factory.
A: Japanese yen. ________________________________?
B: We’d adopt a floating rate loan for you. _______________________________?
B: OK! _______________________________.
A: All right! I’ll fill out the loan application right now.
B: OK! Now the money JPY4000, 000 has been credited with your account.
A: Thank you! ________________________________?
B: The rate is JPY1363.59 per RMB 100.
A: By the way, I want to remit some money to Tokyo, is this handled here?
A: OK! Counter No.6.Thanks a lot!
(At Counter No.6)
A: I’d like to remit some money to Tokyo.
A: JPY4000, 000
C: OK! _______________________________?
A: It’s Tokyo Bank. ________________________________?
C: The cable remittance charge is RMB200 yuan.
A: OK! Here you are, thank you.
Clerk: Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, sir. I want to open a savings account.
Clerk: First you fill out the application form and then we’ll issue you a bankbook.
Clerk: No, even one dollar is all right. Here is your bankbook. Sir, just sign your name on it.
Clerk: it varies from time to time. At present it is 2.3%.
Customer: Miss, I’d like to withdraw some money.
Customer: Yes, here you are.
Clerk: Have you filled out the withdrawal slip?
Customer: Yes, I have.
Clerk: All right. Enter your code number please.
Customer: RMB 500 yuan.
Customer: In fifty yuan notes, please.
Venture capital markets are simple things. Two groups of people who want to create new businesses come together. Venture capitalists have money but lack ideas. Entrepreneurs have ideas but lack money. When they get together, they trade and new
1 are born.
We praise entrepreneurs as forming the foundation of a vibrant economy but vilify venture capitalists as money-grubbing 2 . Entrepreneurs pour, sweat, blood and tears into their businesses, and we cheer them when it pays off. But we don't see the risk venture capitalists take by investing in 3 , and so when venture capitalists strike it rich we assume the profit is ill-gotten gains.
When entrepreneurs, empowered by 4 , take new ideas and turn them into new products and businesses, job creation occurs. 5 businesses generate a large number of good jobs because businesses that require the financial muscle of venture capital usually require the intellectual muscle of highly skilled and educated labor.
In 2008, more than 80% of the employees in the software industry, 74% of employees in telecom, 75% in semiconductors, and more than half in networking and electronics owed their jobs to venture capital, according to the National Venture Capital Association. From the end of 2009 to the first quarter of 2010, when the 6 rate hovered stubbornly around 9%, job postings by venture-backed companies rose 16%.
Venture capitalists won't always get it right though. Sometimes they'll encourage companies to take on too much debt, or they'll back 7 business plans. When the venture capitalists and entrepreneurs make bad decisions, it hurts just as when the government makes a bad decision. But when venture capitalists and entrepreneurs make bad decisions, the people who are hurt are people who knowingly chose to invest, work for or do business with them.
Venture capital brings together expertise and prudence. They are an experienced and 8 bunch of people. They don't simply hand over money. They want spots on the boards of directors that give them the ability to monitor what the entrepreneurs are doing and to provide advice. And because it is often their personal money on the line, venture capitalists tend to be careful in considering the partnership of potential customers and entrepreneurs.
Items to be filled back into the passage:
a. entrepreneurs b. venture capitalists c. opportunists
d. unemployment e. businesses f. hands-on
g. Venture-backed h. ill-conceived
1. I don’t have a savings account. It’s the first time for me to come to deposit money here.
2. Normally, banks will set different credit lines to the different groups of cardholders.
3. You want our bank to make an investigation of the money position of that English company?
4. The money will be added to your account when the check is cleared.
5. If you endorse this check and show me some identification, I’ll prepare a collection receipt for you.
6. You can rent safe deposit boxes in our bank for safe-keeping your precious assets.
7. Compared with L/C, collection is exposed to more commercial risks but costs less.
8. If the buyer goes bankrupt or dishonors the draft? How do you plan to dispose the shipment?
9. The money will be added to your account when the check is cleared.
10. As soon as your L/C amendment reaches us, we shall, without delay, make the necessary arrangement for shipment.
11. You can enjoy a lot of preferential treatments offered by the issuing banks and commercial companies when you own a credit card.
12. I suggest you change your GBP into RMB first, and then change your RMB into US dollar. It’s more beneficial to you.
13. We’d send a telegram to order the correspondent bank to advise and pay the money to the recipient.
14. I’d like to amend my letter of credit opened last month, because our contracts has been changed.
15. The monthly statement can give you a record of all the transactions of your checking account.
16. This is an exchange memo. Please fill in your name, passport number, your nationality and the amount you intend to change.
17. World trade and the cross-border money and capital movements resulting from financial transactions are the basis of foreign exchange dealings.
18. T-bills are short-term securities that mature in one year or less form their issue date.
19. Although common stock represents ownership in a company, it does not guarantee the owners a specific rate of return.
20. On the whole, the spread of interest is determined by the supply and demand of funds in the market and the creditworthiness of the borrower.